Monday, January 18, 2010

Your Wild Child: Guest Post

A while back I read a posting on one of my favorite blogs called "Your Wild Child" about cutting your own Christmas trees in Montana.  I spent a formative part of my early childhood in Montana and the post brought back fond memories.  I posted a comment thanking Melynda for the post.  She visited my blog and read my post about taking my nieces and nephew on a night hike and making torches and asked me if I would do a guest blog posting.  Well I have done that now and if you'd like to go and read in you can do so by clicking here.  I am confident that any of my readers that have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, Godchildren, or neighbor kids that they like to spend time with you will find great ideas an inspiration on Melynda's blog.  Thanks for the opportunity Melynda!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks to you for such a great post! I hope we hear more from you at Your Wild Child!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure Mel. I'll get you some other things to post (at your leisure of course) ASAP.

spotted face said...

Great article, Norseman! I might be one of those dads who aren't the best at getting their kids out - at least making them get out. They get their fair share of what I do outdoors, they just aren't real interested like I am. I think they get that aspect from me - I never wanted to be like either one of my parents. But, they do get out with me and they have fun. One day, hopefully, they'll remember how much fun it is and won't need the nudge.

Again - great post, and bless you for doing what you do. It's very commendable.

Anonymous said...

WO,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am really lucky to have a job that translates to my hobbies. I hope that your kids get just half the passion you have for the outdoors.